3.28.2013

My Greggs Eat Your Heart Out Triple Chocolate Cookies



 Hey guys, my laptop was broken hence the no posts recently, but all is fixed now so I can show my amazing cookies .I have always wanted to make those delicious giant cookies you get in the Greggs. However after failing my attempts at chocolate chip cookies I let my dreams of ever baking theses babies fade.....locked away in a box & pushed in to a corner of my brain.
Until a while ago when I saw Kat from Life of A Cupcake Baker make her killer cookies using  Nigella's recipe.I thought maybe, just maybe like Kat could make those triple chocolate cookies....maybe. 

After while I bit the bullet and thought I'm gonna go for it! You have no idea how happy I was that these worked out for me...I would have been gutted if they hadn't. I followed  Kat's suggestion of using Dark Brown sugar instead of Nigella's suggested Light Brown sugar apart from that I followed the recipe exactly. 




These cookie aren't dainty or pretty according to my sister (thanks).... but they will not apologise for that.....they are chunky and DELICIOUS! 
I put milk and white chocolate chips inside the both whole bags! They had a lovely rich chocolatey taste not too sweet. A nice little crunch on the top which concealed a soft chocolatey centre. Now and again you would bite in to lovely little milk and white chocolate drops. YUM . I had them warm. I had them cold. I had them with milk the next day and on all counts they were guilty of being yum, yum and yum :) 

My Baker's Notes

  • It says to use cake taster to see if the cookies are done.....I found this helpful as I worry about under cooking cookies trying to achieve the soft cookie texture I love so much.As soon as the the tester came out clean...they came out.
  • Nigella says to not to flatten the cookies....which you really want to do as u scoop a fat ball of cookie dough on to your tray. You look at it thinking I can't just leave this big ball sitting there but It flattens perfectly all by its self. I found the bigger the dough ball the bigger, more even and better looking the cookie .
  • Warning the cookie dough is seriously delicious!! it was hard to not to just sit down with a spoon and dive in.




I seriously can't explain how happy I am with these cookies...my friend said they were like millies!  X



9 comments:

  1. They look amazing, you should be proud! I can almost taste them through the screen! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V I really am....I was so happy with them!! x

      Delete
  2. These do look really good - I love chunky cookies as you can really see how much chocolate is paced in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks susie, when they so chocolates pieces start to melt ...oh so yummy!

      Delete
  3. They look delicious...I imagine they're perfect with a glass of ice cold milk :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks paula...I dunked them in milk...it is was good.

      Delete
  4. Looks Delicous!!!:)
    Claudia P.
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look lovely, I've got a chocolate addiction so these are perfect for me!

    Kate x

    Cakes and Bakes by Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Claudia + Kate. Me too kate I'm glad i've got this recipe up my sleeve to give me a chocolate kick when i need one x

    ReplyDelete