10.06.2013

White Chocolate & Strawberry Eclairs


.


As each week goes we grow closer to GBBO finishing!...its going so fast. This week was pastry week; the signature bake was Suet Pudding after hearing exactly what is was....I'm felt wondering why ppl Why? How can they eat that?!  The technical was  Religieus, Choux Pastry fashioned in the shape of nuns filled with Crem Pat and topped with Ganache. Last but not least the was a Puff Pastry show stopper. You know your in trouble when Paul questions your methods from the off.....Glen and his SPECIAL puff pastry way....poor Glen.

I've been really bad with trying to bake along but I'm getting this week out on time..(ish) I decided to go with Choux Pastry and make some Eclairs. I chose to try white chocolate and Strawberry...a combo I hadn't tried before believe it or not. I chopped some strawberries and folded it in to the Whipped cream then dunked them in white chocolate!





I didn't know what to expect with these but they were seriously nice. The Choux pastry (Paul style critique coming your way) was lovely and crisp but still had a nice chew to it if that makes sense. The Strawberry Cream was sweet and refreshing it had a really nice strong Strawberry flavour. The white Chocolate was lovely too not too sweet which it sometimes can be.  All in all I was very happy.

I'm sending this to the The Great Blogger Bake Off which is hosted by  Crazy Kitchen and  Mummy Mishaps .












19 comments:

  1. I love your combination of white chocolate and strawberry

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh yummy! Such a great combination and lovely looking eclairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ros....but they didn't all look like that!

      Delete
  3. This has to be one of my favourite tea time treats. I love the addition of white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela, i was quite pleased with them.

      Delete
  5. thats a great flavour idea for an eclair and would be great washed down with some pimms in the summer :)
    thank you for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination of white chocolate and strawberry, looks and sounds like something I would love! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look great - I could quite easily polish off one or 2 of these!
    thanks for joining in

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want one for my breakfast right this instant (she said in her best Veruca Salt voice). Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks.....images of her throwing a tantrum in the golden egg room are coming to mind.

      Delete
  9. Wow!!! I absolutelyyyyy LOVEEEEE the combination of white chocolate and strawberries! This is such an amazing recipe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi cupcake girl,

    You are too critical thinking that your eclair looks messy... Messy? No way! Delicious? Definately :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete