10.19.2013

Cherry & Almond Viennese Biscuits



























Hiya,
just one week left of GBBO!....I'm not sure my achy bakey heart can bear it! This week I've made biscuits because Ruby made savoury biscuits in her canapé signatures...I don't do savoury I'm all about the sweet so I made some sweet biscuits.

As a baker and lover of everything sweet/baked I have a few flavour combos that I LOVE...quite a few actually. I seriously love anything Bakewellesque, I even hear the words almond and I'm THERE....I don't even wait to find out if its with the traditional Raspberry or equally delicious Cherry. Seriously how inviting, cosy, and just plain old delicious are these flavours ppl?! Yes I'm assuming your are ALL fellow Bakewell flavour lovers.As my mind  can't ,shan't  and just stubbornly won't  contemplate the idea that there are people amongst us who may not be fans  (feel free to suspiciously look over your shoulder at those nearby....ARE THEY ONE OF THEM?!)

Right on to the these beautifully biccys, I saw them on The Baking Explorer. Kat changed this Hairy Biker recipe to use delicious Cherry and Almond flavours. So I have Kat to thank for introducing my beloved flavours to me in a lovely new way. These biscuits were awesome! Crumbly buttery Viennese biscuit, lovely Almondy buttercream and sweet Cherry jam. My beloved Bakewell flavours in beautiful biscuit form.

Thoughts on bake of finale: I think all the girls are amazingly talented, but I feel Kimberly should win purely on her consistently amazing baking, awesome interesting flavours not to mention some of the reviews she has got off Paul....come on... amazing. I 've read some of the favouritism stuff that's been going around about Ruby....I don't know... she is awesome as well but if they look at it fairly from ep1 to now the only fair decision in my eyes is that Kimberly is crowned. Having said that I can  EASILY see them handing it to Ruby, if she pulled something epic out of the bag. Talented France has made it this far but I think her past style over substance issues will come back to haunt her so I don't think she could steal it from the others. 
What do you guys think? Who deserves it?! Who will win!? 

I'm sending this to the The Great Blogger Bake Off which is hosted by  Crazy Kitchen and  Mummy Mishaps 







12 comments:

  1. ooooh i do like a Vienesse Whirl and yours look really good. and i agree I think that now Becca is gone, Kimberly is my fav to win
    thank you for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really flattered you liked my flavour combination so much! These are such yummy biscuits, I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!
    http://www.thebakingexplorer.com/2013/09/petit-fours-gbbo-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Kimberley should win, she's got the most overall talent and skill. But saying that, I love all the girls so I'll be happy with whoever wins! Viennese whirls were my childhood favourite, this sounds like a super delicious twist!

    Aimee @Wallflowergirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...not long to wait to find out now! They were really yummy.

      Delete
  4. achey bakey heart love it! Biscuits look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks....it came to me on my way to work. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Oh they look fantastic. I am totally rubbish at biscuits but I want to give these a go regardless, they look so delicious. Re the winner analysis, I would love Francis to win but it's not going to happen is it. I think Kimberley will probably edge it...we'll have to wait 2 more days to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait! Thanks they are surprisingly straightforward to make.

      Delete
  6. ooh I love viennese whirls!
    I think Kimberly is good as she always manages to hold it all together....I think it will be Ruby though :-/

    ReplyDelete