1.23.2013

Cinnamon Bics

Pics courtesy of  my lovely friend again 


Behold my second ever attempt at making biscuits ppl, yes really second, this is because my first attempt was not a good experience + they were the size of hockey pucks. Which was totally not what I was going for believe it or not, so I have been reluctant to revisit biscuits....but revisit I did and I give you my cinnamon stars.

 I had planned on making Lorraine Pascal's ginger/cinammon ones from her xmas ep but I didn't have a lot of the ingredients so I made some/lots of changes and hoped they wouldn't betray like the hockey pucks did!



errr....I thought we weren't getting dressed up?! 

Recipe 
150g brown sugar
150g butter
2 heaped tbsp of cinnomon (the hockey pucks didnt taste like cinommon last time so i upped it)
2 tbsp of honey
250g of self raising flour
1 egg

I followed Lorraine's method of melting   sugar,butter, cinnamon and honey in a pot which smelled gorgeous.
Let that cool, then pour that on top of sieved flour and mix. Don't forget to add the egg to help bind everything which I nearly did!
When it all comes together roll in to a ball and begin rolling out with rolling pin and cut out shapes. I rolled them really thin because I was keen to avoid a repeat of the before mentioned failure biscuits.                  They shall forever haunt me..(.shudder)
Place 6 on baking tray lined with baking paper put in to a preheated oven 180c/GM 4 bake 4 about 10/15min.

I like these bics (not just because these actually worked) as they tasted of cinnamon and they were a bit crunchy. However they weren't sweet enough for me so to satisfy my sweet tooth I drizzled some icing over them which worked nicely I must say.     
I have something I would change if I baked them again, but biscuits take 2 a relative success yeah!

Freehand icing ......fun.


.
.
  

5 comments:

  1. This is your second attempt and you did so well.. These bikkies look great!

    Nice to hear from you at my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks,there are things i would do differently next time but yeah not bad for a 2nd I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! Thanks for sharing the recipe :) Glad to have popped by when you're just starting out :)

    *waves hello* from a new follower, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete