2.03.2014

Chocolate Chip Shortbread



















































Hiya
I have some  Choc Chip Shortbread for you this week, this was prompted by eating some yummy Shortbread someone brought in to work recently. I decided must try some for myself and fancied putting some Chocolate chips in them.
This was my first ever go at making shortbread  they were super simple to make but I found the 'when to take them out' tricky. The timings  given by the recipe were too early and they looked really pale, which I know is how they are supposed to look, but I have a thing about things not being baked probably so I kept them in a longer. So mine were a lovely golden colour...but technically I guess for Shortbread they were over done. I really liked  the flavour of them nice and buttery packed with choc chips but quite crunchy!
 I used this  recipe from BBC Food website. I think next time I might give a different one ago and see how that goes for me plus I will try my hardest to stick to their timings and we shall see if our 2nd tempt will be more Shortbread like.
A short & sweet post....just like the Shortbread!






.


4 comments:

  1. The chocolate chip shortbreads look wonderful - I only wish I could grab one through the computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks maggie....being able to do it that would be awesome!

      Delete
  2. shortbread, my favourite! and with chocolate... even better :-)

    ✽. aimée .✽ wallflowergirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...yeah i add chocolate to wherever possible!

      Delete